Thursday, 18 December 2014

End of the year


Over the past couple of months, life in general has conspired to stop me watching as many films as I would have liked. Luckily, I have 2 weeks off over Christmas, and I already have a few German films lined up: Goodbye, Lenin! (not exactly obscure, but very good) and two that I bought in Germany earlier this year: Jesus liebt mich (no subtitles) and Fack ju Göhte (available with subtitles).

Of the films I’ve watched this year, there were none that I truly didn’t enjoy. I did find my mind wandering during Museum Hours, but I probably wasn’t in the mood for it. I think my favourite from 2014 has to be Cherry Blossoms.

Away from the films themselves, my discovery of the year has to be German Films Quarterly. With any luck, I might have enough time over Christmas to catch up on previous issues!

No comments:

Post a Comment